CELEBRATING 33 YEARS OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Program themes include:
an introduction to local government, community services, education (K-12 and higher), healthcare, working with the media, arts and culture, and land use policy and agriculture. The program features a weekend retreat which helps to bond the class initially – building a foundation of trust and support right from session one.Leadership Modesto is a commitment to self-development and community building. The 10 month immersion runs from September thru June and the application and selection process is highly competitive.
To identify, educate and motivate potential community Leaders.
As a participant you will …
- Expand your understanding of Modesto and Stanislaus County through exposure to community issues you may not otherwise have the opportunity to explore.
- Exchange ideas with current experts, decision makers and community leaders on a broad range of topics.
- Enhance leadership and management skills
- Develop close relationships and mutual concerns with other class members.
What is covered?
Leadership Modesto is a ten-month program that is covered in nine, one-day seminars and a weekend retreat. Those selected will discuss, explore and gain “hands on” experience in the areas of:
- Local Government, and Politics
- Community Services
- Health Care
- Media & Perception
- Arts, Culture and Community
- Legislative issues in Sacramento
- Infrastructure and Land Use
- Public Safety
- Business Community and Agriculture
The program will also include a weekend retreat focused on team building and leadership skills. Applications are sought and encouraged from all segments of the community, including business, professional services, government, education, civic organizations, the arts and labor.
|Getting to Know You Reception||August 10, 2017|
|Retreat||Sept. 15-17, 2017|
|Arts, Culture, & Community Day||October 6, 2017|
|Community Services Day||November 3, 2017|
|Education Day||December 8, 2017|
|Local Government Day||January 12, 2018|
|Modesto Chamber of Commerce
Annual Gala & Membership Awards
|January 27, 2018|
|Health Care||February 9, 2018|
|Mid-Year Reconnect Reception||February 22, 2018|
|Business Day||March 2, 2018|
|State Government Day||March 14, 2018|
|Public Safety Day||April 13, 2018|
|Commerce & Agriculture||May 4, 2018|
|Infrastructure & Economic Development||June 1, 2018|
|Graduation||June 14, 2018|
Leadership Modesto seeks men and women with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest in serving the community …
- All applicants are pre-screened and finalists will be interviewed
- Tuition is $1,100 per participant. At least $275 of the total must be paid by the applicant. The remainder may be paid by the applicant, their employer or a community organization
- Participants must attend all sessions or they will be considered for dismissal. Tuition will not be refunded
- Since attendance at each session is required, applicants must have the FULL support of their employer
For more information, please call the Modesto Chamber at 209.577.5757 or email: email@example.com.
Jeff Cowan – Founder, Leadership Modesto
David Harvey – Leadership Modesto Alumnus, 1990-91
Keith D. Boggs – Leadership Modesto Alumnus, 1999-00