The “Stanislaus Green Team” was launched by the Modesto Chamber of Commerce in November of 2012. The purpose was to create a nexus between commerce and environment, and the desire of the Modesto Chamber to work collaboratively, searching for regional solutions to challenges facing Stanislaus County. Simply put, assisting businesses in “Going Green” will not only reduce their costs of doing business, but it will also help the environment and move the Stanislaus County economy forward.
- Monthly Educational Meetings (3rd Thursday monthly)
The “Stanislaus Green Team” meets at the intersection of Environmental Stewardship and lowering the cost of doing business.
SEE BELOW! COMING SUMMER OF 2020!
What does a Stanislaus Green Team Assessment Entail?
Our Stanislaus Green REACON (Recycling Energy Air Conservation) Team meets twice a month at various places of businesses throughout Stanislaus County. Every other Tuesday morning monthly, assessments are scheduled at 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00. The team will walk around each business facility and assess it from an environmental perspective with a focus on how to save the business money through conservation. Each business is given a binder with a 7-page checklist. The checklist is sectioned out into recycling & solid waste, water conservation, pollution, energy, and transportation. The standards are derived from California’s state-mandated regulation standards for businesses. Upon completion of the checklist, each business is recognized as being green certified by the Modesto Chamber of Commerce and the Stanislaus Green Team. They will receive a certification plaque and a green ribbon cutting recognition to celebrate their accomplishment.
Our purpose is to promote environmental stewardship solutions, to address environmental and economic development issues, and to create a nexus to enhance the delivery of Chamber services in Modesto and all of Stanislaus County.
- Free Walk Through Assessments by Industry Experts (Held twice monthly, every other Tuesday by the REACON Team)
- Green Certifications
Why go green
- Going green will have you promoted at the door and in the press.
- Improve productivity by keeping a healthier surrounding to your employees.
- Be the company that stands out and sets the example to others.
- Going green will save you green, that’s more money to be saved.
- Contribute to not only our future, but the future of others.
- It consumes less energy, which reduces utility and maintenance costs.
- It reduces/eliminates the pollution’s we breath.
Start going green
You can start going green by purchasing and using eco-friendly products. Not sure which one to buy? Visit one of these websites to check if your current product is safe for the environment:
Check your carbon footprint by going here:
Become a Certified Green Business
- Register your business at http://greenbusinessca.org. Contact the REACON team at the Modesto Chamber of Commerce. We will provide additional information and answer any questions you may have about the process.
- Schedule a visit. If you choose to become certified, we will work with you and help you go through the necessary steps to meet the Green Business Standards. It’s completely voluntary. And, there are no fees involved!
- Pledge to stay Green. Simply take the Green Business Pledge and post it in your place of business!
Interested in speaking?
We are always looking to have speakers come in and spread the example of what the benefits are to making the change.
If you are interested in speaking at a Stanislaus Green Team meeting, please contact Trish Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org