What makes a business successful? At the Modesto Chamber of Commerce, we believe it takes identifying an opportunity and using it to your advantage. We are your door to opportunities. Join 1,100 businesses and organizations that already hold “the key”… Chamber membership. You too, will open the door to opportunities through the many benefits of Chamber membership.
Chamber Benefits & Value
Business Before and After Hours: Members can network, exchange business cards, and talk business in a relaxed informal setting. Members can take advantage of hosting a Business Before or After Hours to showcase their business and services they offer.
Chamber Website Marketing : Our newly redesigned website was recently launched in May of 2013. Chamber members now have the opportunity to be listed in our online business directory. The site provides an opportunity to market your companies logo, contact info, website link, social media networks, upcoming events and much more. Modesto Chamber membership also makes available chamber website marketing at an exceptional discounted rate.
Magazine Publicity: Our award-winning Progress magazine has a monthly circulation to over 5,000 in the Central Valley area. The published articles will keep you up to date on local business, economic and community topics and events. The Modesto Progress has delegated highlighted sections specifically for new members. They include the following:
Highlighted New Member section
85-word article about your business in the New Member Profile section of Progress
- A photo from each Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is featured
- Advertising at a reasonable rate
Member Referrals ONLY
The Chamber will only make member referrals.
Community & Economic Development
- Business-to-Business Trade Show – This annual event showcases Chamber members making other members aware of the business and services they provide.
- Direct Mail Promotion – Modesto Chamber of Commerce membership mailing list is available for direct promotional purposes. Members are able to purchase this list on labels or on disk at a discounted rate, giving you direct access to a prime audience of business prospects.
Committee Involvement With over 400 volunteers and 13 committees, your participation in committee activities and working with others on major projects gives you the opportunity to make a difference in your community. Members will have the opportunity to meet other business professionals, with similar interests. The breadth of these committees touch on each of the Chamber’s tenets of: Building Business Relationships, Community Development, Economic Development, Representing Business before Government and Political Action. Some of the committees include:
- AG Aware!
- Harvest Luncheon
- Annual Gala Awards
- State of the City Luncheon
- State of the Region Luncheon
- State of Education
- Land Use & Transportation
- Government Relations Council
- Welcome Team
- Leadership Modesto
- Chamber University
- Business-to-Business Trade Show
- Annual Awards Dinner
- City/County Maps
- Website Advertising
- State of the City/Region luncheons
- Business Before Hours
- Business After Hours
- AG Aware!
- Harvest Luncheon
- Broadcast Email – Chamber Happenings
- Stanislaus Green Team
The Modesto Chamber of Commerce provides a unique voice for the businessperson. In an organized and professional manner and on behalf of business, the Chamber presents a platform for community and legislative leaders. All businesses in a community have common ties by virtue of location and community resources. Tapping those resources by Chamber participation will not only increase business insight and but also keep you abreast of the rapid changes taking place in the world of business. Together as a united team, we can make a difference.
Services and Opportunities
The Chamber is constantly on the lookout for programs and services that will give our members the competitive edge. We are proud to be able to bring the following fine programs to our membership:
- Educating your workforce through Chamber University
- SCORE (Stanislaus County of Retired Executives) workshops & counseling for small businesses and start-up entrepreneurs
- Stanislaus Green Team – assists in implementing environmental stewardship and fiscal responsibility, helping businesses and organizations reduce cost of doing business and help the economy
- Business sales and leadership classes at a discount
- New member orientations
- Free admission to Business Before and After Hours