Making Social Media Work for your Business
As many of you prepare for the Chamber’s Business To Business Trade Show, use these helpful tips on how to make the most of your booth and other events with social media.
- Make sure your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other networks are easily accessible to both you and your team for instant mobile uploading and to your customers.
- Be sure to post where you will be in the days/hours leading up to the event.
- Try using a QR code like the one featured at the top of this article. Consumers can use smart phones to scan the code which will directly access any link you assign to the code, like your website or Facebook page. Include the code on any “take-away” material you distribute from your booth
- Encourage your customers to participate. Give them the opportunity to voice their opinions and take part in something bigger than themselves. Post a question about the trade show to your audience and encourage them to weigh in.
- Try using hash tags, like #ModChamberB2B, when you post about your events
- Post pictures and link or tag other businesses or individuals in the photos or present at the event.
- Be sure to follow up with all the great connections you made at the event
Social Media is a fun, easy way to engage potential customers. If you would like to know more on how to make Social Media work for your business call the Modesto Chamber to find out when they will be hosting the next Chamber University class on the subject: 209.577.5757 – www.ModChamber.org.