Celebrating 10 years in the Central Valley
By Lori and John Ostrand, Owners,
Sparky’s J & L Complete Automotive Repair
Sparky’s J & L Complete Automotive Repair, is a fast paced, family owned and operated automotive repair. We opened on March 15, 2004. We have been richly blessed to be celebrating our 10th year, servicing the central valley.
At Sparky’s J & L we have a strong emphasis on diagnostics, specializing in fleet service. We are certified by BAR and an ASE licensed shop, in Automotive and heavy Duty. As well as star certified for all smogs. We offer everything from Tires to brakes, engines, transmissions and everything in between. As we like to say A ONE STOP SHOP.
Sparky received his name from a co worker and parts manager named Homer, as Sparky was completing jobs and returned to the parts counter often to receive parts to repair the next vehicle, the parts manager said: “you work so fast sparks must fly off your wrenches ” thus from that day forward his co-workers called him Sparky. The J & L comes from the owner operator husband and wife team, John (Sparky) and Lori.
Our success is due to our faith and belief in being honest and doing your best each and every time and also to the TRUST and CONFIDENCE of our customers. Sparky often hears stories of automotive repairs making a dent in the pocket book.
Here are a few car care tips and suggestions that may extend the life of your vehicle. Sparky often says: “it’s simple”.
1. We encourage having a car fund, just $10.00 a month can go along way when your vehicles service comes due. Our vehicles are like our bodies they both need maintenance.
2. Have the oil and filter changed regularly, approximately every 3,000 – 4,000 miles.
3. Have your fluid levels checked. Some to keep an eye on are transmission, brake, antifreeze and power steering, to name a few.
4. You will extend the life of your tires by checking the air pressure and having your tires rotated. Sparky’s J & L now offers nitrogen for your tires; this can help with a constant air pressure and less leakage, with less oxidation to your chrome wheels.
5. Pay attention to those squeaks and sounds from under the hood. It could be a serpentine belt, or possibly a tensioner or bearing. The well trained ear of your Auto technician can help determine the location of the sound.
6. Make sure all your vehicle lights are working. Proper working head lights, tail lights, turn signals and brake lights, can not only help avoid an accident but a costly ticket.
7. Check your owner’s manual for more preventive maintenances and specifics for your vehicle.
Sparky and Lori have been married 32 years this October. They give all the glory to Jesus for their success. They have two sons: Ryan 30 and Cody 27, wife Kyla, with 4 grand children: Jakiah, Aaliyah, Nehemiah and Uriah. They enjoy Travel, rides on their Harley, and time with friends and family. Stop in and say hello, or call 209-522-0007 for an appointment.